Friday, January 16, 2009

Do you ever have times in your life when you feel like you're making things harder than they need to be? Like everything you do makes things worse instead of better, even though you really know how to make things better? I've felt like that a lot lately. It seems like I'm putting too much time and energy into things I can't control and making myself more frustrated than I need to be. Why do I do this? I've always been an over-thinker and a worrier, but it's been worse lately, which is odd since things have actually been pretty good for me recently.

Am I rambling? Am I making any sense at all?

I think I'm feeling a bit like Meg Ryan in "You've Got Mail" where she expresses the need to send out her thoughts into the great void of cyberspace without the need for an answer.

Don't get me wrong, readers. Life is good. I'll never say otherwise. But I think I need to simplify my life. And maybe let things just happen. I need to not be so concerned with what everyone else thinks is right or take on unwarranted guilt and just enjoy the ride. Or go blow some bubbles.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

I don't recall giving consent for the use of that pic. Talk about problems, now you're exploiting young children! But I love ya. And Leah was excited to see herself. :)