Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just a Girl . . . who rocks

Don't you love when something unexpected but wonderful happens? I sure do. My niece, Hen-hen, had mentioned a few weeks ago that No Doubt was coming in concert the end of May. I was definitely interested in seeing them but didn't do anything about getting tickets. So, yesterday Hen-hen mentions the concert again, and this time we decide to do something. Hen-hen found some good tickets, and we went and rocked out with a favorite band of mine.

They opened with "Spiderwebs" and closed with "Sunday Morning" and played all sorts of good stuff in between. I was sweaty and exhausted and thoroughly satisfied when it was all over. One of my favorite parts was when they performed "Just a Girl." As they were playing the opening chords, Gwen got down and did some push-ups. Maybe not as many as she could have 10-15 years ago, but I still thought it was awesome.

Paramore and The Sounds opened. I'm not too familiar with The Sounds, but their stuff was pretty good. Paramore played with their usual overload of energy. It was awesome.

So, unexpected wonderfulness on a Monday night with a sweet niece. It rocked.

1 comments:

Ang Ballard said...

Awesome! I love surprises like that! And you rock too... ;0)