Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Afternoon Tea with the Girls

Have I mentioned that I'm an aunt? And that I love it? I may have once or twice. I also love food, dressing up and parties. So, I decided to combine these things and have a tea party with my nieces. Now, I have nieces who range in age from 17 to 2 years old, and I wasn't sure if all of them would be interested in attending. Imagine my delight when I had all of my in-state nieces show up for an afternoon tea party with me.

{A special note must be made to Squish and Ems who, only due to the hundreds of miles between our houses, were unable to attend. We missed you terribly.}

We had some nibblies and punch while we chatted. Then we played a round of "Kiss the Frog" which is really just a girly version on "Pin the Tail on the Donkey." The best part of the game was the lovely mask you had to wear when putting your kiss on the frog. We also tried a round of "Tea Time Gossip" which is really a fancy way of saying "The Telephone Game."

I can't speak for the other girls, but I had a wonderful, wonderful time. Not only did I get to make scones (I could use some more practise) and wear a great hat, but I also got to spend time with some girls who I love more than all the tea parties in the world.

Our delightful spread
{The menu included cucumber sandwiches, blueberry scones, white-chocolate-dipped mini Nilla wafers and mini chocolate cupcakes. We had red and pink punch as well.}

Miss AJ modeling our mask.

Banana in her cute dress for the party.

G-Monkey wore pink for the party.

The "older" girls and me - I love that they dressed up, too!

6 comments:

bigal said...

I love that G has a punch mustache. Or maybe I just love her because I'm her dad.

Jonna said...

I love it! I love any reason to have a celebration, and just because we are in our thirties, doesn't mean we can't enjoy tea parties like the next three year old. I think the parties that we throw for the girls are really thrown for us. Way to go Aunt Marie!!

keithandbetty1 said...

What a great you are. Looks like lots of fun for everyone!
Grandma K

Meredith said...

i wish you were MY aunt!

Jan said...

Here's reason #47 that I'm glad we're here--my kids get to do fun stuff with Aunt Marie.

Banana will remember this for a long time.

You're the best!

Jules said...

You're such a cool aunt! Makes me want to do a fancy schmany tea party with my kids!