Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oscar Fashion Review

So, did you get to see the Oscars? Or at least read about the highlights? I watched via DVR {one of the best inventions ever} and caught the bits I was interested in. As you know if you read my past post, one bit I quite enjoy is the array of gowns. So, with no real fashion expertise or knowledge, I'd like to review my favorites, from least to most.

Kate Winslet:
I will adore Kate even if she shows up one year wearing gauchos and a fake mustache, but I have to admit that this was not my favorite of her looks. However. She still looks luminous, and you got to love the jewels she's rocking.
Anna Kendrick:
Anna is not someone usually on my radar, but I really liked the romantic pink dress she wore. The shade is a bit too close to her skin tone, but the draping and details look fantastic.
Carey Mulligan:
If you've seen any of Carey's other gowns this awards season, you might have reason to believe she has no fashion sense at all. And granted, this black number with metallic beading and uneven hemline is not everyone's cup of tea, but I found it as winning and charming as her performance in her nominated role.
Tina Fey:
I will say right off that I didn't love everything about Tina's look on Oscar night, but somehow I still think she looks great in this one-shouldered column dress. And how can you not cheer for Liz Lemon?
Queen Latifah:
I could go for the easy royalty comparison because Queen Latifah looks regal in this elegant pink gown. But I won't. Instead I will say that I love how she always, always looks stunning on the red carpet, and this beautiful gown with just a touch of sparkle is no exception.
Mariska Hargitay:
Mariska wasn't in any of the bits of the show I watched, but when I saw her picture afterwards, I fell in love. I think she's gorgeous anyway, but she knocked it out of the park for me in this steely gray/navy blue {I really can't tell what color it is} stunner. I think the fit is perfect with just enough interesting detail with the fabric to keep it from being too plain. And her overall look with her hair, makeup, jewelry and classiness makes this one of my very favorites of the night.
Sandra Bullock:
Not only did she win, but she looked incredible doing so. Seeing Sandra in this dress made me, once again, wish I was 5'10" so I could rock a gown like her. So simple, but so, so beautiful. The lace/embroidered top with the liquid metal bottom is exquisite. And her red lips and shiny hair? Perfection. She looked like she should be the winner, right? I'm so glad she was.

1 comments:

Bootylicious said...

i think anna kendrick wins!! sandra bullock is a close second though!