Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden Globes 2012

I haven't had a chance to actually watch them yet, but I have had time to look over the gowns from the Golden Globes this year. And I must say, I was in no way blown away. I can't say that I saw a single dress that really rocked my world. Was that just me? Did you see any stunners that I might have overlooked?

For what it's worth, here are the handful of dresses that did catch my eye:

Clair Danes
Ms. Danes tends to be drawn to gowns that showcase her back. This one does it beautifully. And while it's not a jaw-dropping gown, it is elegant.

Helen Mirren
Will Ms. Mirren ever not make it onto one of my best-dressed lists? This is not my favorite of her gowns {that would be this one}, but she still keeps it classy and continues to school the younger gals.

Busy Phillipps
Again, not a particularly stunning dress, but I do enjoy that Ms. Phillipps went with a classic Grecian gown but with a bit of interesting fringe detail. I also adore her ring.

Michelle Williams
Stated simply, I love that Ms. Williams chose a dress that is modest. She shows us that you can dress up, keep covered up and still look incredible. Thank you.

Berenice Bejo
The lovely lady from Argentina stars in the silent film {and fast-growing hit} The Artist, and she showed up looking like a star. Of all the gowns I saw, hers is my hands-down favorite. The color is perfect for her, and {as is typical for my tastes} she chose a gown that has interesting details in the cut of the fabric. Bravo, Ms. Bejo.

Leonardo DiCaprio
To help keep things balanced on the men's side, Mr. DiCaprio showed up looking as handsome and dapper as he is always at these award show functions. We ladies very much appreciate it.

Thank you Just Jared and the Internet for all my pictures.

1 comments:

Dasha said...

Michelle Williams always seems to be a favorite of mine. She's come a long way since her skanky Dawson's Creek days.

Also, in a completely unrelated note, thanks for introducing me to Downton Abbey. I heart it.