Monday, January 14, 2013

Golden Globes 2013

Yep, it's already that time again. Here's my list of favorite gowns {in no particular order} from the Golden Globes 2013.

Jennifer Garner
I just love Ms. Garner. Does Ben realize how lucky he is? The color {which was a popular one} looks fantastic, as do her sculpted shoulders and arms.

 Julianna Margulies
Ms. Margulies was very on trend last night in her sheer dress with sparkle. Plus, she shows that a dress with sleeves can be smart, sexy, and sassy.

Isla Fisher
For someone who is only like 5 feet tall, Ms. Fisher does a great job of looking long and lean. This gown is gorgeous, even with its understated hue.

Julianne Moore
As my faithful readers know by now, I love the black and white combination when it comes to gowns. Although I don't care for the back of the dress as much as I do the front, Ms. Moore looks stunning.

Nicole Kidman
I bet every designer around prays and prays that Ms. Kidman will pick one of their gowns at award season. How can you look bad at 6 feet tall and a size 2? She looks fabulous in this black column with interesting beading at the neck. Let's pretend the sheer midsection isn't sheer, though, shall we?

 Naomi Watts
My favorite for the Oscar for Best Actress is getting ready for the big show. Ms. Watts makes her wine-colored gown look as amazing as her performance in "The Impossible." I love the simplicity of the dress. That's what quality fabric can do for you.

 Michelle Dockery
My hands-down favorite of the night was Ms. Dockery. She took a risk, and while many won't like it, I think she looks like a Greek goddess. I love the contract of the complex gold lace, structured top with the flowy skirt. Well done.

Dame Helen Mirren
And keeping it classy as always, Ms. Mirren. Keep it up. I can't wait for her next look.

 Hugh Jackman
Lest we forget the men of the evening, a winner in performance and style, Mr. Jackman.

5 comments:

Dasha said...

Ooh I loved Michelle Dockery's dress too. She is fabulous. Also, I think you should have a worst-dressed section. Because what in the devil was J. Lo's dress all about? She looked like a stripper bride. And can we please talk about how Anne Hathaway acted like a complete spaz and a half (not that I was surprised) and how I nearly died of secondhand awkwardness when she kept trying to do some awkward prom pose with Amanda Seyfried on stage after Les Mis won? Oh and Hugh Jackman is the freaking man. His acceptance speech was the best. Can we please have an Oscar party in March? As much as I love Butch, he's no fun to watch this kind of stuff with.

Miss M said...

Oh, I totally agree! With all of it! The Oscars party is on my calendar.

Hailey said...

I always look forward to your list of favorites and I agree with Dasha that you need to do a worst dressed list as well. I also agree with the need for an Oscars party!

Becky and Mike said...

I agree with you that I didn't like Julianne Moore's dress back--but not because of the back, so much as because the white goes right across her butt, making it look twice as big as it actually is. I know the camera adds pounds, but white does too....definitely only looks good from the front!!
My best dressed goes to Julianna Margulies. It's what I wish my prom dress had looked like :)

Miss M said...

Becky, I totally agree with you about Julianne's dress. It was the huge white panel that I hated. It looked horrible! So not flattering.