Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween 2009

As much as it pains me to say this, another Halloween has past. The only solace I have is that I.HAD.A.BLAST! Really truly. It was a banner year for Marie. I got to wear three costumes, go to multiple parties and see some of the cutest little kids ever.

Costume #1: Electra
(made-up superhero who wields the power of electricity, not the character from that Jennifer Garner movie)
I had a murder-mystery party to attend and was assigned this character. I also had to come up with my own costume design. My sister, who is fab-u-lous, helped me put this one together. I bought the cape and long-sleeved shirt, and everything else I had. My sister sewed the lightning bolt onto the shirt, as well as fashioned the awesome cuffs and sash. Yeah, I know. It's amazing.


Costume #2: Carmen Miranda

As I mentioned in a previous post, I wanted to do something really girly for my work costume this year. Somewhere I came up with the idea of Carmen. I thought about piecing this costume together (like I usually do with my costumes), but I found this one online for pretty cheap, and it included the headdress (which if I'm honest, I did not want to have to try to make on my own). Mucho bueno, non?

Costume #3: Lucky the Cereal Killer
My friends and I always do a themed group for Halloween. This year we originally decided to do cereal characters, but then from a suggestion from a friend, we decided to Halloween-ify it by making ourselves killers. I think the overall effect turned out pretty fantastic. My costume was, by no means, the best of the bunch. I mean, check out Snap, Crackle and Pop. Meg totally made her bee-utiful costume. And how totally awesome is Deb as the Wheaties box? My friends are the coolest.

I did have fun being a leprachaun (no jokes, Al) for the evening, notwithstanding the hat issues I had. Plus, Deb came up with a great weapon idea for me - horseshoe nunchuks. I think the overall look turned out pretty good.

I'm trying to do a little Irish jig in the picture above. Really, it just looks like I have to pee.

Before I headed out to party with my friends, I tried to see some of my nieces and nephews, because, come on, little kids in costumes is the best. I was sort of a bonehead and didn't get a picture of all the kids, but you can enjoy the ones I did get.

The three little pigs and the big bad wolf (the third pig was the mama and she was taking pictures too).

A moment of peace between the two characters of the story (and real-life brothers).

And I'm sorry, if you don't think this is the cutest little piggy you've ever seen, you need to get your head examined. It kills me everytime I look at him. Couldn't you just nibble those cheeks right off?

So, although the fun and food and festivities are over for this year, I can at least look forward to planning things for next year. I only have the next 363 days. Better get cracking.

3 comments:

Becky and Mike said...

I've been waiting and waiting for your Halloween post...I couldn't figure out who you were going to be. Loving the Carmen, but I wish I'd gotten to see you attempt to make a fruit hat that would actually stay on your head. That would take some serious work. Where did the piggy costumes come from? Loving those!

Jonna said...

OK, so jealous! You are so creative. Looks like way too much fun! I love the little piggies too!

Jules said...

You. Are. So. Cool!! I love your multiple costumes. I love when costumes are put together!! Btw, I recognize those shoes with your lucky costume!!!!