Friday, November 20, 2009

A Reason to Be Grateful #3

I have a lot of good people in my life. More than I feel I deserve most of the time. But I am super grateful for these people because without them, well frankly, my life would stink.

As I prepare to head out east to enjoy the best holiday of the year, my thoughts keep turning to these folks {since I'll be seeing them}:

This is a picture of my folks, aka my parents. This is them on their first date. {Yep, you read that right, on their very first date. My mom's roommate just happened to snap this as they were heading out. I am oh so very grateful that she did. What a priceless piece of family history - aren't they just about the coolest-looking couple?}

Anyway, I'm utterly grateful that these two got together, stayed together and brought about this motley crew:

Don't be jealous. Only some families can have awesome family photos like this. But as I was saying, because of decisions my parents made a long time ago, I get to be a part of this group and benefit from all the wondefulness that has ensued. My family may just about be the best part of my life. I can't even begin to describe how much I love them and how grateful I am for their part in my life and that they allow me to be a part of their lives. And I'm glad that I get a special time of year to reflect on that. But, so they know {if any of them are reading this}, I think about it a lot more than just in November. It's actually more like every day.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

5 comments:

Becky and Mike said...

I'm LOVING the family photo. One question, though...did everyone have those Transitions lenses way back when? I thought those were a newfangled invention, but maybe I'm wrong, since everyone's glasses seem to have transitioned to "sunglasses mode". Priceless shot. Did your mom make all the coordinating dresses? I know my mom did!

Jan said...

Who are you calling motley?? :) The feeling is absolutely mutual. I can't imagine what our family would be like without "Ree". I've enjoyed getting to hang out with you the last 10 months more than you could ever know! Thanks for letting me play back-up singer to your rock star!!

Miss M said...

Becky-the transition classes have been around a while, as evidenced in the picture. And sadly, my mom did not make our dresses. I think my aunt made my older sisters' dresses though.

Jan-you can be my back-up anytime. :)

Ang Ballard said...

OOOOOHHHHH! I love those pics! And- I think you guys are great too! Tell Jan I miss being in her ward and lets plan lunch...

Unknown said...

it was nice knwing u marie.....abt ur life style and thought's of living a life...thnx