Friday, February 15, 2013

Boy vs Man

The other night I was in the mood to watch a movie. At first I was thinking, "Hmm. A little Joseph Gordon-Levitt would be nice." But as I went to put on "500 Days of Summer" I realized, that no, I was more in the mood for "S.W.A.T."

And as I was watching Colin Farrell do his hard body work-out on the beach, chase down the bad guys, looking oh so very nice in his cop uniform, I wondered, "Why would I pick Colin over Joseph? Colin is sort of a baddie. He's kind of scruffy sometimes. I like Joseph. He's adorable and cute and lovable." And there was my answer.


I realized that the older I get, I will always choose a man over a boy. Always. Colin may not be the ideal man, but he is most definitely a man. And while Joseph is cute, he's still in that boy phase. Growing into himself and growing up. I'm done with that. I have officially outgrown the phase of fresh-faced, boy-bandesque youngsters. I want a man. I want a manly, knows his stuff, doesn't take guff, wears a suit without it wearing him, knows what to do with a woman Man {capital m intended}.

 Uniforms never hurt either.
 
So while I understand the appeal of the boys, personally, I am done with them.

I will never choose this


When I can have this


While this appeals to many


This is infinitely more appealing to me


No, no thanks


Oh, yes. Yes yes yes.

 
Do you agree?

2 comments:

Al said...

To quote you, "Oh, yes. Yes yes yes."

snickers said...

Yes, except for Zac. He is total man to me. Meow....